French Apple Pie with Cream Cheese Topping
Take a delicious French apple pie and gild the lily by topping it with a cream cheese layer!
1/4 cup butter, softened 2 1/2 cups diced apples, peeled
1 cup white sugar 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg 2 tbsp. hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Frosting
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
2. Combine 1/4 cup butter, white sugar, egg, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda, flour, nuts, apples, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and hot water in the order given. (Batter will be thick). Pour into pie pan.
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
Frosting – Mix cream cheese, 3 tbsp. butter, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and sifted confectioners’ sugar. Beat until smooth.
4. Pour over baked pie, served hot or warm. Pie can also be refrigerated to let the cream cheese topping set for a nice cold dessert.
Delicious Cinnamon Baked Apples
Delicious and easy dessert with the comforting flavors of cinnamon and sugar.
1 tsp. butter
2 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tsp. sugar
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
6 large apples – peeled, cored and sliced
3 1/2 tsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish with the butter.
2. Mix brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Layer about 1/3 of the apples in the prepared backing dish, sprinkle with 1/3 of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice more.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour water over apples and continue baking until tender, about 15 minutes more.